If you are a loyal healthgeekchic reader, you will know all about my first blog post How the Real Housewives Changed my life…Say Whaaat? where I wrote about Bethenny Frankel . Now, Bethenny has her own talk show, filming right here in NYC starting later this year. If you live in one of the test cities and saw the show’s summer run in 2012 you will know it was a hilariously honest show where Bethenny brought her straight talk to the masses. And I’m about to tell you (and her…Hi, B!) why I should be a regular on her show, so listen up!
1. I am the target of her Skinnygirl Branding. I am the woman B was talking to in her books. Just a few years ago I was a single girl just out of college living in Jersey in my studio apartment, watching Real Housewives, reading Naturally Thin, and scheming my plan for how to ” go for mine” as Bethenny says. So, I went back to graduate school for my dream career, started yoga, and learned to cook for my gluten-free lifestyle. Now I have a job I love (see #2) and a story to tell!
2. Every great talk show needs a relatable, reliable, hip health consultant. I’m a young, female, Physician Assistant practicing Emergency Medicine. (Never heard of a PA? Ask me about it!!) It’s a career where I have the chance to see more than most people can imagine and have a role that is changing the health care system. Women need to know that there are health care providers out there who are willing to stand up for them and who care about their health. I am on top of current health trends and have the ability to really research the validity of these trends and pass that knowledge on to viewers!
3. I have dealt with health issues that other women are going through. Surgery, check. Autoimmune issues, check. Food allergies and intolerances, check-check. It can be done. And surprisingly, many of Bethenny’s idioms helped me get there. ”All roads lead to Rome.”
4. I have incorporated take-aways from Bethenny into my life in an inescapable way! BooBoo Banana Bread has become a gluten-free staple in our house. Love-Your-Man Steel Cut Oats? My fiance asks me if I can make “gruel” on the weekends. B’s Frittata? Wows our guests every time. And dont even get me started on my yoga practice. It all started with the Skinnygirl DVD and has expanded to a regular, transformative practice in my life far beyond that first disc.
5. Short of eating grilled bugs on a stick in a foreign country—there are not too many health or fitness trends I’m unwilling to try. Line up the shots of wheat grass, ghee, and kefir. There’s not a green juice too green. Send me into a sweat inferno for the latest workout trend. Slather me in coconut oil. I’m betting watching me as the guinea pig for the trends you want to try (but actually want your friend to try first….) could make for serious viewing pleasure.
There is my shameless Bethenny plug and I’m sticking to it! If you agree–let her know too @Bethenny on Twitter!! Or Retweet my twitter link to this story.
As always you can follow me on Facebook at the site page for healthgeekchic & also @meg_mcgrane on Twitter and Instagram!